Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bead Embroidered Cuff Bracelet

This is a close-up shot of the bracelet. I enrolled in an on-line class on Joggles to make this bracelet. Now unlike the Studio Journals class, this one was more follow the directions provided (which were very good) and make the bracelet without any teacher interaction. I've really been enjoying beading. I've used it to accent, as well as to stand on it's own.
Now, I did mess up the measurements but it all worked out okay. It is supposed to close with snaps but like I said, I messed up, so hook-n-eye it is. It is also supposed to be beaded all the way around. Chalk it up to impatience but also, I know how I am and I didn't want to take the risk of what would happen to the beads on the bottom. I only had one casualty while finishing it and glue-willing, it will hold.
Now I know I talk about my cats too much, but Harley really is a good sport. I was trying to tempt the fat two-some into some sort of activity but Natalie thought it looked better as a scarf. I swear she is going to try to dress him one of these days and depending on his mood he just might let her.

No comments: