Saturday, March 1, 2008

Birth Control

Today we went to a birthday party for some friends' daughter. I was completely prepared for telling how much liquor I needed when we got home but thankfully it was nice out today so most of the activity was outside.

Anyway, Emily turned 4 on Thursday and I vividly remember the day she was born. Jeremy had called early that morning to tell us Patti had gone into labor. Jason was home that weekend and we were excited for them. I can't remember when we got to the hospital but Patti had just had her epidural. I think Jason and Jeremy went out while Patti rested. The boys got back and Patti had progressed enough that it was time. It was really amazing but what is even more amazing is that I had Natalie after seeing someone else give birth. When I was having Natalie the nurse asked if I needed the mirror to see what was going on and I quickly said "no, I've seen it twice. I know what it looks like." I should mention that I watched our nephew Tyler's birth so I knew what to expect. I think the first thing I told Jason about it was "wait until you see his head and you think about the hole it came out of." That was traumatic!! Isn't she cute. She's in the middle with the red hair blowing out her candles.

Okay, that's enough reminiscing. There were boys there and Natalie has issues, so at first she curled up and screamed "I don't like the boys!!!" (Diagramed in photo) She eventually calmed down and anxiously watched presents being opened. I wanted to take a picture of her and Emily but she wasn't into it. Actually, she wasn't into leaving. I guess I can't blame her. Who wouldn't want to stay at a house where someone just got a whole lot of toys and there are left over cupcakes.
Michele

No comments: