Saturday, January 17, 2009

Stamp Carving Workshop


Today one of my small groups, the Gray Barn Girls, got together for a workshop presented by my good friend and fellow artist, Grace Howes. We had a great time and here are a few photos of what we did. The first photos shows our work area and you can see a lot of the stamps Grace has already carved on the table. We made an accordian book, which you can see a finished one on Grace's blog. I didn't take any photos of us constructing those but that's what we did first.

Here we are working away. From left to right: Alisan Royster, Cheryl Campbell and Cathy Johansen. Missing is Susan Dunne-Lederhaas.This is my first stamp. It is a portion of a clip art I found. I actually did this once before with Lyric Kinard and it is very addicting. This one is actually from a tracing that Alisan did. I liked hers so much that I brandished it on my eraser and carved it. The funny thing is that our two stamps look very different even though they are from the same tracing.

This is my work-in-progress. I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with it, so I have to think about it a little. I'm leaning toward more of a collage feel so stay tuned.

Michele

No comments: