Monday, April 21, 2008

Reflecting

Yesterday was my birthday and no matter how old I get I still feel the same way about "my day." I anticipate it's arrival with great excitement. No matter what I do that day it's special to me and whether or not anyone else knows doesn't matter. When it's over I'm a little deflated because the fact of being another year older sets in. But nonetheless it's a fact of life. Saturday Jason surprised me with a special evening. We went with some friends for a nice dinner and evening out. I celebrated yesterday with my family. Mom cooked lunch and made a cake. I bought my own birthday presents but that doesn't really matter because at least I got what I wanted. Today I reflect on who I am and who I want to be. I cut out my horoscope yesterday because it was quite profound and struck a nerve with where I want to be going. I'm going to hang it in my studio, somewhere I can see it to remind me of what I want to accomplish.


Now onto the fun. I have completed a project which I say that way because for a while there I didn't seem to be making progress on anything. It's called Charm Party purse and I'm quite pleased with it. I bought the kit at a show almost a year ago and finally got around to finishing it. I have enough fabric to make a wallet and a cell phone case.
There are a couple other things I'm working on that I'm really excited about including a doll. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of her posted real soon.
Michele

No comments: