Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Two more finishes

Before I get to the pretty's I must show a Natalie picture. Last Saturday we had a few errands to run and we needed to kill some time before one place opened. So, we went to a little bakery and someone wanted a chocolate cupcake heaped with frosting. It was early in the day to run off a sugar high, plus she was spending most of the afternoon with my mom. This is her with a frosting mustache. Can you tell she's quite proud of herself!


A few weeks ago I got the chance to take a workshop with Lyric Kinard. We all had such a great time learning to carve our own stamps and use them, paint, foil, screen print, bead, photo transfer. The cover of my book is stamped and foiled with the large cabochon and beading in the center. The inside of the book cover is screen printed. The photos don't do the final piece justice.


The other little trinket is something else for my guild's Christmas in July. It is a scissor fob made with Art Girlz wool beads, buttons and a silver charm. There will probably be more of these then anything because they were SOOOO easy to make.
Michele

1 comment:

Lyric said...

gorgeous stuff you make Michele! That includes the smiley girl!
I especially love the "rays" coming from your cabachon.